NJ Passes Law that Requires License for Pool and Spa Service Contractors
• Effective July 30th 2019 Pool and Spa Service Contractors will be required to have license registered with the state.
• Only companies with certifications from the Association of Pool and Spa Professionals will be able to obtain a license and legally operate a Pool Service Company in New Jersey.
• When choosing a service company customers should be sure to hire only companies who comply with the new laws.
• Pools & Spas Service, Inc. takes great pride in the fact that notonly 1, but multiple technicians have achieved the certifications required to obtain a state license and maintain up to date education by attending off season training each year.
New Regulations coming for Swimming Pool Pumps
• The U.S. Department of Energy has identified swimming pool pumps as Dedicated Purpose Pool Pumps (DPPP) and developed “Energy Conservation Standards for Dedicated Purpose Pool Pumps”
• This is the result of a study finding that outside the home, energy usage is about 50% of all the energy used in a residential setting.
• These new regulations are proposed to go into effect in 2021, even though its years away, taking action now is a great way to both save money and ensure your pool equipment will meet new government regulations.
• As a pool owner you should consider replacing your conventional pool pump when needed; or for immediate savings of up to $500.00 per year; with a Variable Speed Pump that will meet the new Energy Conservation Standards set forth by the Department of Energy.
Suction Entrapment Prevention
• While swimming pools can be a great place to relax with your family, they also can cause dangers to bathers if proper preventative measures are not taken.
• Years ago the pool industry was enlightened about anti entrapment drain covers and there protective value to swimming pools. New protective measures can be taken to provide layers of protection against entrapment.
• We no longer only concern ourselves just with the drain covers but about the entire Suction Outlet Fitting Assembly or SOFA, as well as type and sizing of the pool pump.
• With a few quick measurement and visual inspection we can confirm that existing SOFA’s are operating how they were designed to in order to prevent dangerous situations in the swimming pool.
• That inspection, along with a Safety Vacuum Release System, will provide the best preventative measures you can take.
If any of the above issues have you concerned, we offer a service in the form of a multi-point inspection to bring to your attention any non-compliant issues.
Potential Hazard and Efficiency Audit Service: Regularly $295.00 + tax. Up until 4/30, $225.00 + tax (Pool must be open for inspection